Thursday, May 3, 2012

Updates



Shirt: Old Navy, Jacket: Aldo, Watch Necklace: UO, Boots: Rockport

 Boot Camp Update
Week 3

1. I attempted and failed to complete clapping push ups. Maybe someday I will be strong enough for that. Until then I will stick to my girly pushups, thank you.

2. Sprinting in place is possibly the most awkward thing ever. Maybe it's the fact that no matter how quickly I move my feet I still don't get anywhere, or that every part of my body seems to jiggle while running in place. The most flattering. NOT.

3. I've decided boxing moves are much less awkward and way more enjoyable than throwing fake footballs or shooting an invisible basketball.

4. 3 different people complemented me on my Kinvara 2's. Maybe it was the fact that I color coordinated my tank to match my shoes (it's the little things in life), or maybe it was that they actually really liked them. One will never know.

5.  There's nothing like dynamic stretching to Enya's May It Be to help channel one's inner Frodo Baggins. Or to try and imagine hobbits doing boot camp. Now THAT would be a good time.

In other news: here's a truly inspiring story about a recent Wesleyan grad who is working to create gender equality in one of the largest slums outside of Nairobi, Kenya.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/92082253/Vogue-Up-Front-with-Jessica-Posner-of-Shining-Hope-for-Communities#fullscreen





No comments:

Post a Comment