Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today I am 23.


Yes, today is my birthday! And yes I had a cupcake for breakfast.
It is also the birthday of my good friends Anika and Linda (have a great day girls)!

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my 22nd birthday around a campfire in the Downer State Forest. Time is such a funny thing isn't it?

I have to admit that 22 was a pretty great year. In the past year I have made some pretty big real life decisions, moved to a brand new city, started a full time job (and finally understand the whole 9 - 5 business everyone complains about), am taking classes again (although this semester of organic chemistry may be the death of me), successfully completed two half marathons, and am feeling pretty great about this real life shindig everyone warns you about when you graduate college.

Over the past few days I've been thinking not only a lot about the past year, but also about what I am looking forward to most about being 23! While running this morning I came up with a short list of things I'd like to accomplish/do as a 23 year old. Here's what I came up with:

1. Run my first marathon. If all goes well this will happen on November 18 in Philadelphia!
2. Study for and take the MCATs.
3. Grow my savings account.
4. Take an epic trip.
5. Keep my blog up to date/ learn HTML.

And don't forget it's also my very favorite holiday, FLAG DAY!
For a short history of FLAG DAY head on over HERE






2 comments:

  1. Don't spend to much time with HTML... you will drive yourself totally crazy. If you want to do something with your blog and can't.. Google it. Like this, "How to create alternative font with HTML on blogger?" It will find the code for you and you cut, copy, and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Fionnuala! Somehow I don't think I will actually have time to learn HTML but now I know how easy it is to find shortcuts!

    ReplyDelete