Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer CSA Has Arrived!



Happy Friday Everyone (even if I am a little late to the party!)

I was quite excited yesterday when I remembered that this is the first week of our summer CSA (cannot wait for all the kale in our future!) 
I stopped by the pick-up on the way home yesterday and having forgot my bags I managed to stuff ALL the leafy greens into my bag. Unfortunately that meant donning my raincoat, fleece, and scarf to make room. The walk was neither rainy nor cold, hence why I was VERY overheated when I arrived home.

But not to fear, my sweaty state was immediately remedied by the fact that we now have KOHLRABI!   Drew and I have been brainstorming ways to prepare this crazy purple veggie that definitely resembles Sputnik!

On the menu for the weekend:
1. Kitchen painting! (Prepare yourselves for an onslaught of before and after photos next week)
2. Visit from George T (thanks DAD making the trip up from VT to provide us with your painting expertise and high-end rollers!)
3. Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze in a few runs/gym time as well.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully the rain holds off for at least some of the time. 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE kohlrabi, to be it tastes halfway between an apple and a cabbage, which doesn't sound like it should be good but actually is.

    ReplyDelete