Tuesday, June 12, 2012

On the move

In an effort to combat the fact that I sit at a desk for 8+ hours everyday, I've started a new initiative. It's called "move more" (very unique, I know). For starters, last week I set a goal of walking to/home from work at least once a day (and both ways if my schedule permits). It's been 6 days so far and as long as I walk home tonight, the streak will continue!
This week, I'm adding lunchtime walks to the regimen. Although it's very easier to just sit inside in the cafeteria, and be brainless for an hour, it's almost just as easy to walk outside during this time. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful bike path just behind my building and am able to receive my daily dose of nature while I walk.Yesterday's highlight: watching thirty geese attempt to outrun a lawnmower (they were moving too quickly for me to snap a picture).
The only downside to all this walking is it makes my fingers resemble sausage links. Seeing as I already have "hobbit hands," any increased blood flow to my digits inflates them almost immediately (see below). It's okay, you can laugh, I can take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment