Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The everyday stuff



I know, I know. I promised to limit the number of food photos this week. But it just so happens that's all I've got. Just a little bit of fried eggs, roasted vegetables, maple bacon, kale (it's hidden under the eggs, I swear), spaghetti squash, meatballs, salmon, broccoli, brussel sprouts and fried plantains. Mmmmmmm. I'm making myself hungry just typing this.



But seriously. Sometimes in life there are these little lulls
You know this time after the holidays, when the hype of the New Year has died down? When it feels like really big things should be happening and changing and yet nothing that big is actually happening or changing? And everything just gets a little bit more frustrating? You know that time? 
Well it's beginning to get on my nerves.

After a couple weeks of mini life crises, massive career change ideas and lots of sentences that started with "maybeeee....I could do this," I've finally accepted that it's okay to feel a little bit directionless and lost right now, things will work themselves out in time. I'm slowly learning that I don't always need to know the answer to life's big questions right this instant! As long as I continue to take care of myself, work hard, listen to good music and keep running, the direction and change will come. And in the meantime, even without the big changes and plans, life is actually really good.

So for now, it's going to be about my everyday stuff.  
The stuff that involves running the fastest 8 miles I've run to date on Saturday.
And the 18 miles that followed the very next day (the first 13 miles of which were sub 9:00 min miles, booyah!).
The good family stuff that involves a retirement, a party and a weekend getaway to Vermont coming up.
It's about how much better my body (and mind) feel after going to yoga regularly again.
It's about the fact that I've kept my January resolution (except one minor infraction) for a whole 22 days. 
And it's the stuff that happens when 5 people come to run hill repeats with you on a night when temperatures are in the single digits.

That's the good stuff. And for now, that's all I need. 


Sorry for all the deep sap and emotion today. It's late and I really should be sleeping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment