Sunday, December 16, 2012

Solo Saturday

Sometimes you just have to get out there and run solo. I love running with other people, but there are days when I'd rather just be by myself; with my own thoughts, my own pace and my own route. Yesterday was one of those days. I ran a very hilly route to the Arnold Arboretum, up Peter's Hill, Bussey Hill and back along the Southwest Corridor. There wasn't a cloud in the sky so I brought along my phone to take some Peter's Hill summit photos. 



The plan called for 6 miles at "pace". If all goes according to plan, "pace" will be somewhere around 9 minute miles for the Napa Valley Marathon in March. I didn't really pay attention to my Garmin during this run but when I glanced at it I saw numbers ranging from 7:55 to 10:15. Let's just say this run was all over the place. I'll blame it on the epic hills that hide in the Arboretum. 





No comments:

Post a Comment