Friday, November 2, 2012

Living a better story.

One of my October goals was to read two books. Unfortunately, I did not finish two books, but am almost done one! Last month Drew's book club read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I didn't finish it in time to participate in book club discussion (picture me hiding in my room covering my ears as to not hear any discussion of the plot. Yes. That happened). 

Each page of this book seems to hold fifteen different thoughtful, motivating, and eye opening quotes. 
Here's a taste.

“I think life is staggering and we're just too used to it.” 

“Every creative person, and I think probably every other person, faces resistance when they are trying to create something good...The harder the resistance, the more important the task must be.” 

“We believe we will be made whole by our accomplishments, our possessions, or our social status. It's written in the fabric of our DNA that life used to be beautiful and now it isn't, and if only this and only that, it would be beautiful again.” 

- Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for something to shake up their mind, life, views, and anyone looking to live a better story.

Happy weekend all!

P.S. Photo above is view of Brookline/Boston from work. Did I already post this? If so, I apologize, it's just so gosh darn pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I read this one a year or two ago! Thought it was great

    ReplyDelete