Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gettin' busy

This September marks the second year in a row I haven't packed up all my belongings, moved into a new dorm/apartment/house, and begun a new school year. Last year had a similar feel as I had just moved to Boston, was starting a new job, and fully taking the plunge into that thing people call the "real world". This September has a different feel about it. It marks the one year anniversary of my move to Boston, one year at my job, and one successful year of real world livin'.  It feels different for sure, but it is a good different.

Even though I am not moving to a new place, or drastically changing my day to day activities, I still get that feeling that September marks the beginning of a new chapter in life (and I'm not sure that feeling will ever really go away). This week I started the third and final trimester of Organic Chemistry, and am planning to tackle Physics lab as well this semester (goodbye Saturday mornings). I was pleasantly surprised to find out I hadn't forgotten all the chemistry I learned this spring/summer, which is always a plus.

On top of getting back into my "school year" schedule I hit two running firsts last week! I hit a weekly mileage high of 45 miles (I guess doing two long runs in one week will do that). Also, I ran the farthest I've ever run at one time (14 miles)! I won't say my legs weren't feeling both these things Sunday around 7 pm, but my 4 miles on the treadmill this morning felt pretty great.

On a totally unrelated note, here are some photos from the J.P music festival, salsa I made over the weekend, and Saturday night dinner a la Drew.








No comments:

Post a Comment